I just finished my first feverish read of From The Murks Of The Sultry Abyss by Brandon Boyd. What a refreshing and wonderfully chaotic book of art and prose and dreams. To say I reveled in just about every word and every stroke of pen and ink would be a gross understatement. It just about fired my fatigued brain into a frenzy of imagery and colour. There is a simplicity and honesty in those drawings and doodles that sit in stark contrast to the complex, transcendent words of the author. They showcase brilliantly a keen, observant and artistic mind who can somehow see the wonder in everything from clouds to sidewalks.

In the short time that I've had this book in my possesion (approx. 9 hours) I've hurriedly leafed through the first few pages .... on the street.. in the subway... on the bus... in the cafeteria.. and everytime I saw something I hadnt seen before. That's how art should be.




To Heira
: This is one of the coolest gifts I have ever recieved because it's going to keep amazing me again and again and again. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU.

http://brandonboydbooks.com/