At this dismal hour, when the feeling of impending doom (think advanced business stats exam) is inescapable, elsewhere in the world, something wonderful just happened. By wonderful I mean mindbogglingly, amazingly beautiful. Just thinking about it makes my head want to explode. The funny thing is, its not even remotely related to Anthony Kiedis.

After a 30 year absence, Led Zeppelin played live at the 02 arena in London. Yesterday. Robert Plant was on stage.. wailing.. and where was I? I was knee-deep in mortgage calculations. Thats right. LED ZEPPELIN PLAYED LIVE IN MY LIFETIME AND I MISSED IT. Wasnt it bad enough that I wasnt even alive in their hayday that they had to play at a point in my life when it would be impossible to even think about attending? *shudder* Until yesterday, there was hope.. it hadnt happened yet.. maybe time would stop.. maybe Stewie would break the time space continuum and I'd leave my bond valuations behind to find myself smushed in a crowd watching the greatest concert of my lifetime.

I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

I hear they played "Promise", which by the way theyve never played live before. 60 year old men played 3 hour sets.... and WELL. That in itself is a miracle. They played for a glorious 180 minutes . Sigh. Im almost silenced by the enormity of it. Or maybe its in my head. But seriously. SERIOUSLY. Led Zeppelin played live while I was alive and I didnt get to go see that. Ok folks, im gonna watch the stolen videos from The Concert and go cry for the rest of the day.

Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head.


2 comments:

Chantal said...

Don't worry, when you take the Stairway to Heaven with a Black Dog, you shall see them Over the Hills and Far Away, giving you All of THEIR Love.

Melinda said...

aw! that really sucks dude! who knows, maybe something good will happen to you to compensate for this!

Post a Comment